Chef Chris Albano
Sonoma Wine Bar and Grill, www.sonomawinebar.com, Springfield, MA
- 1 Crepe
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon roasted peppers cut julienne
- 6 each artichoke hearts, halved
- ½ tablespoon parsley sprigs, chopped
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces vegetable broth, or chicken broth
Heat a small skillet over a medium high heat. Add half the butter, garlic and parsley, and cook until golden. Add artichokes and roasted peppers and sprinkle with salt.
Deglaze pan with white wine and vegetable broth. Reduce by about 40 percent and add remaining butter, swirling in to give sauce body.
Warm crepe, add half the artichoke mixture in the center and fold over. Top with remaining sauce and artichoke mixture.
Recommended wine/beer for Artichoke Crepe:
Feudi di San Gregorio 2004 Falanghina