Chef Deborah Snow
Blue Heron, www.blueherondining.com, Sunderland, MA
- 4 thick slices of good bread - this does not need to be fresh
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼ inch dice
- 2-3 ripe, firm tomatoes, diced small
- 1-2 cloves garlic (depending on your taste)
- 3-4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Soak bread in water briefly then squeeze it dry and crumble it into a salad bowl. Add diced tomatoes, cucumbers, chopped onion, finely chopped garlic and parsley.
Tear basil leaves and add to bowl.
Mix ingredients thoroughly, adding vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.