Chef Paul Rafala
Carbone's, www.carbonesct.com, Hartford, CT
- 4 (5 ounce) pieces veal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 paper thin slices prosciutto
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Italian sharp cheese (Asiago)
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 grilled artichoke hearts
- ¾ stick (6 tablespoons) butter
- Salt and Pepper
Lay out the veal pieces and top each with one slice of prosciutto, 2 Tablespoons of breadcrumbs, and ¼ cup cheese and fold over. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge the veal pieces in the flour and sauté for 3 minutes on each side. Add the sherry wine and the lemon juice. Cook 2 or 3 more minutes. Add the artichoke hearts, butter, and salt and pepper to taste to finish the sauce. Pour the sauce over the veal.
Makes 4 servings.