Education and Outreach Internship
The Education and Outreach Internship is an unpaid position. The intern joins a department that serves regional educators with media resources and professional development, supports families to encourage learning at home, and provides community engagement activities in relation to station events and broadcasts. The intern will be a department in-house contact for answering routine questions and supplying requested material to outside contacts.
- Provide administrative support for the Education & Outreach Department when necessary
- Assist in the coordination of community engagement projects and grant initiatives in collaboration with other Education & Outreach staff
- Contribute posts to the WGBY Education Blog
- Contact local education agencies and departments with regards to the PBS Teacherline Program, Discovery Educator Network, or the WGBY Ready to Learn initiative
- Assist in the implementation of outreach events and activities
- Participate in regular Education Services & Outreach staff meetings
- Review Department website and suggest content changes when appropriate
- Stay informed on station activities and cooperate with all departments
- Perform other reasonable, related duties as assigned by the Director of Education Services & Outreach and his / her designee
- Must have strong organizational, communication and computer skills
- Must be able to handle details and work in a multi task environment
- Must be able to work independently to coordinate projects and departmental efforts on a regular schedule
- Must be able to set priorities and schedule his or her time to meet strict deadlines
- Previous volunteer/professional experience in Education or Outreach preferred
WGBY is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter to:
44 Hampden St.
Springfield, MA 01103
Or email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.