Special Events Internship
Cycle TBD or 12 week /semester - 15-20 hours per week - 12 week commitment
The Community Engagement and Special Event Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in fundraising and community engagement event management in a professional work environment during a 12-week internship with WGBY57 Public Television for Western New England.
Reporting to Director of Community Engagement and Special Events, the Special Events Intern is responsible for tasks directly related to WGBY57’s Community Engagement and or Special Events,
The Special Events Intern will assist with such areas as event planning, outreach, data management, gift solicitation, administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
WGBY57's Community Events support WGBY57’s mission to connect the people of our western New England to ideas, events and one another.
- WGBY57 – Secure event silent auction donations identify donor prospects, conduct outreach and solicitation, maintain donation inventory and support onsite coordination.
- Help plan and implement outreach and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate mailings related to host committees, auctions, and event publicity.
- Maintain current information and submit updates for community event web pages.
- Research community organizations, media outlets, and corporate partners in local community event cities for potential partnerships and outreach
- Aid in the coordination of event logistics, volunteers needs, vendor management, etc.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Interest in fundraising, events, media, and public broadcasting mission
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (graphics skills a plus)
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Name: Marie Waechter
The following MUST be included in your application:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position
2. A current resume