A WGBY gift annuity is very appealing if you have investments in bank CDs, bonds, stocks, or other low-yield assets. Contributing these assets to WGBY can significantly increase your income.
A gift annuity is a simple contract whereby, in exchange for a gift of $10,000 or more, WGBY makes quarterly payments to you for the rest of your life. If you wish, a second person such as a spouse or a sibling, also can receive lifetime quarterly payments.
Some of the advantages of a gift annuity are:
- You receive a current income tax deduction equal to a large portion of your gift
- A portion of the income you receive is non taxable
- Payments can be made to you, or another loved one
- Income from annuities can be deferred for a number years and used to supplement retirement
- Income from the annuity is established and guaranteed when you make the gift
- If your annuity is funded with highly appreciated assets, you will only have to report some of the capital gain, and the rest is spread over a number of years
Summit Society Options
Have questions about which planned giving options are best for you? Please call Jodi Fallon Fern, Major Gifts Officer, at (413) 781-2801, x246, or email email@example.com.